The Open Academy at the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre:
- offers a flexible way to further your knowledge while working
- allows you to choose degree-level subjects for your professional development according to your interests
Studying subjects through the Open Academy occurs along side full-time students. Results from subjects already successfully passed can be recognised in subsequent studies, if they correspond to the specific curriculum.
An individual program can be compiled by selecting subjects from any curriculum of interest. Please look at our Subject Catalogue. Certificates are given for subjects successfully passed.
Registration for subjects in the spring semester subjects are open for application until 29 January 2021
Study through the Open Academy is possible on payment of a fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to apply to the Open Academy? Do I have to have a secondary education to apply to the Open Academy? You can study degree level subjects as part of a Continuing Education program, but you won’t have to sit entrance exams. Participation may be limited by the size of the group or specific prerequisites for the subject. Secondary education is required, because studies are at a university level. It is not a problem if you have not passed one of the state exams and want to study via the Open Academy.
- What can I study? Please look at our Subject Catalogue.
- Where can I find the time and location of a subject? The subjects will be visible in the timetable no later than 2 weeks before the start of the semester.
- How do I register? To participate via the Open Academy, you will have to send an application email in which you state the names of your chosen subjects with the code for the subjects. Please send applications via email to email@example.com.
- What happens after I register? You will be sent an email confirming your enrolment in the subject and guidance on how to use the Study Information System (ÕIS). To initiate the studies the EAMT will sign an agreement with you. Studies will start according to the timetable; you can change your choice of subjects before the invoice is drawn up. Subjects can also be added later depending on their start dates.
- How do I pay for my studies? The deadlines for payments, as well as the clauses for dropping out of studies, will be stipulated in the agreement. After signing the agreement, the Centre for Continuing Education at EAMT will send you the invoice via email. The invoice must be paid into the billing account of the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre.
- Can an Open Academy student apply for a student loan? An Open Academy student does not have student status, and therefore, cannot apply for a student loan. Other student privileges – the right to academic leave, study allowances, student cards (ISIC card) – do not apply either.
- Do I have the right to leave from work for studies? An employee has the right to 30 calendar days leave from work for studies on presentation of proof of enrolment in studies from the educational institution, of which 20 calendar days are paid according to the average wage. The proof of enrolment in studies can be obtained from the academy (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) after the subjects for the semester have been declared.
- Who can I approach for advice or help if I have questions during my studies? With questions regarding studies (registering, paying invoices, issuing documents) please contact the Open Academy contact person via email at email@example.com. or call +372 6675 757 With questions regarding the content of studies please contact the Head of the Centre for Continuing Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +372 6675 761