Foreigners and individuals who do not have health insurance
If you need medical attention please contact nearest family health or private health care centre.
Family physicians in Tallinn. You need to make an appointment before visiting the family physician (please make an appointment via email/phone and do not visit the centre in person). Service fee on the first visit and home visit is 5 euros, if you have your EU Health Insurance Card with you. Private health insurances usually reimburse the costs after the visit – please check your insurance contract for details and also have your insurance policy with you when going to the doctor.
Some of the family physicians in the city center:
- Sinu Arst Medical Centre | address: Narva road 7 | Tel: +372 661 6036 | e-mail: email@example.com
- Liivalaia Perearst OÜ | address: Ravi street 27 | Tel: +372 641 4550 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Magdaleena Perearstid OÜ | address: Pärnu road 104 | Tel: +372 606 7658
- Mymed OÜ – Dr. Karin Pärnpuu | address: Uus-Sadama 19/21 | Tel: +372 5650 3333
Some of the family physicians in Mustamäe:
- Mustamäe ja Nõmme Perearstikeskus OÜ | address: Ehitajate road 27 | Tel: +372 659 8043
- Doktor Kraft-Jaaksoo OÜ | address: Sütiste road 19a | Tel: +372 655 4552
Some of the private medical centers in Tallinn:
- Medicum | address: Uus-Sadama street 21 | Tel: +372 631 8509 | e-mail: email@example.com
- Fertilitas | address: Kaupmehe 4 | Tel: +372 660 4072 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qvalitas | address: Narva mnt 7 | Tel: +372 605 1500 | e-mail: email@example.com
- Confido | address: Veerenni 51 | Tel: +372 6299 277 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of the clinics above are private medical centers. Please be prepared to pay for the doctors appointments. We recommend you to ask the clinic for more information about the fees before the appointment.
State helpline 1247
State helpline 1247 provides trustworthy governmental information concerning government institutions and state measures on coronavirus. State helpline 1247 is available 24/7 and it is free of charge for the callers.
The family doctor’s helpline
Patients can also turn to the general practitioner’s helpline 1220 or +372 634 6630 (also for calls from abroad), where they will be referred to a doctor for COVID-19 testing, if necessary. On the family doctor’s helpline, family doctors and family nurses provide advice in both Estonian and Russian. Advice in English is offered every day from 3 pm to 5 pm.
Online consultation platforms:
You can find more information about COVID-19 testing on the following link: terviseamet.ee/en/testing-virus
Testing for a charge is done by:
You can find a lot of information about the Estonian Health Care system in this document.
Should your condition rapidly deteriorate, you need to call to the emergency nr 112. It is not recommended to go to the hospital in person.