(voice, guitar, percussion, bass, keyboards, wind instruments, violin)
An applicant must:
- perform two pieces featuring improvisation with jazz ensemble (duration ~10 min):
- compulsory piece – Ladybird, Blue Bossa, All The Things You Are, Stella By Starlight, You Don’t Know What Love Is;
- a piece chosen by the applicant.
- sight reading (duration ca 3 min):
- triads and seventh chords (M7, 7, m7, m7b5, dim).
- pass an ear training test (duration ca 10 min), consisting of:
- an improvisation by ear to harmonic accompaniment;
- recreating melody and harmony on an instrument (recreating rhythm for drummers).
- sight reading on piano a simple sequence (M7, 7, m7) in keys up to two flats or sharps (duration ca 3 min);
- be prepared to answer questions from the colloquium (duration ~4 min).