I EAMT composition and music technology curriculum competition EMTAHK. New deadline is 22 March!
5. Dec 2022
The Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre’s Composition and Music Technology curriculum is organizing the first composition competition EMTAHK (Eesti Muusika- ja Teatriakadeemia Heliloomingu Konkurss), in which all students of EAMT can participate.
Works of 7–10 minutes in length, written for mezzo-soprano, piano and percussion, are expected for the competition.
To participate, please send the score and parts of the work to the address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 22, 2023.
Jury: Toivo Tulev, Helena Tulve, Tõnu Kõrvits, Rene Eespere, Talvi Hunt, Iris Oja, Vambola Krigul.
Winning composers will be awarded the following awards: 1st Prize: certificate of recognition and 400 €, 2nd Prize: certificate of recognition and 200 €, 3rd Prize: certificate of recognition and 100 €, 4th Prize: certificate of recognition.
The winning works will be performed and recorded by an ensemble of Talvi Hunt, Iris Oja, Vambola Krigul and the concert will take place on May 12, 2023 in the Great Hall of EAMT.
1. The competition is open to all Bachelor and Master students at EAMT.
2. Composers may submit one ORIGINAL composition, meaning that the piece must not have been previously published, performed, recorded, or broadcasted and a short biography.
3. The composition must be composed for the indicated ensemble (mezzo-soprano, piano and percussion)
4. The duration of the piece should not exceed 10 minutes or be less than 7 minutes.
5. The registration deadline is on Monday, March 6, 2023, 11:59 PM. The scores must be sent before the deadline to: email@example.com . Works that are sent after the deadline will be disqualified.
6. The composer’s name does not appear on the score or parts. The scores will be anonymous for the jury.
7. Four pieces will be selected by the jury (Toivo Tulev, Helena Tulve, Tõnu Kõrvits, Rene Eespere, Talvi Hunt, Iris Oja and Vambola Krigul). The results will be announced on EAMT’s website.
8. The chosen works will be performed by the mentioned ensemble and recorded during the concert on May 12, 2023. A copy of the recording will be provided to the selected composers. The four winning pieces will be published in the EAMT’s YouTube channel.
9. Winning composers will be awarded the following awards:
1st Prize: certificate of recognition and 400 €
2nd Prize: certificate of recognition and 200 €
3rd Prize: certificate of recognition and 100 €
4th Prize: certificate of recognition