The most important part of the programme is student exchange, which provides our students the chance to study at prestigious European (music) universities for up to a year.
Via the Erasmus+ programme EAMT students can study abroad either in the form of an ordinary study exchange or an internship. Starting from the 2014/2015 academic year, students at all levels of university education can participate in several exchanges for a total of up to 12 months.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR GOING ON EXCHANGE:
- All EAMT students are welcome to apply who have finished their 1st year of bachelor's studies by the time of exchange/traineeship.
- Students are not allowed to be on an academic leave during Erasmus+ mobility.
- ERASMUS + programme enables to participate on every study level (BA, MA, PhD) max 12 months (studies + training).
- The exchange period can be 3–12 months for a study exchange and 2–12 months for an internship.
- Erasmus student cannot be charged for any study fees by the partner university.
- During the exchange period, you still have all rights and obligations of a regular EAMT student.
- Students can have an extension of nominal study time according to the number of semesters spent abroad (1-2) in case you have stayed abroad at least 3 months of EAMT semester and transferred a minimum of 15 ECTS.
In the case of both a study exchange and an internship, the student must send a corresponding candidate application to the university/internship institution. Application for student exchange places takes place at the beginning of the spring semester for the subsequent academic year.
The list of EAMT partner universities can be found here. Applications can be made to three universities/internship institutions at a time.
The Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre accepts Erasmus exchange students in all degree programmes. Students interested in exchange studies at the EAMT should first contact the international relations office of their home institution. The prospective students have to be nominated and selected by their sending institution.
The next application round will open in February 2021.
The EAMT receives incoming applications only through the EASY Online Application System
Step 1: Create an account and complete your application in EASY (consult the EASY student manual HERE)
Step 2: Submit your application to the EAMT in the system
Step 3: Your home institution nominates your application in EASY
Step 4: Your application will be passed to relevant department in EAMT
Step 5: You and the coordinator of your home institution will be notified of the result.
Application deadline: April 30
In case incoming students are interested in a deeper knowledge of the Estonian language and the Estonian culture, they can apply for Estonian Intensive Language courses (ESTILC) via the following link - http://haridus.archimedes.ee/en/estonian-intensive-language-courses-estilc
ESTILC is usually held before the new semester begins and facilitates exchange students' social, cultural, and academic integration into Estonia.
The courses are free of charge (the organiser may ask for a small fee for the cultural programme)!
Internship applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest on June 15.
For more information, please contact the International Relations Specialist:
Tel: +372 667 5760