- Perform a program with the applicant’s own choir lasting at least 20 minutes. Video recordings will also be accepted.
- Perform a programme of at least 20 minutes in duration with the applicant’s own orchestra. Video recordings will also be accepted.
Wind Orchestra Conducting
- Perform a programme lasting 15-25 minutes on the candidate’s main instrument. The programme should comprise of music of varied styles and include at least one movement from a work in large form and one work for solo instrument.
After the performance the candidate will be interviewed by a panel of faculty members. During the interview, the examination panel may test the candidate’s knowledge of music and culture. The interview will provide the opportunity for the candidate to demonstrate the sufficiency of their English language skills.
The examination panel will evaluate the following:
- fluency and precision
- technical proficiency
- familiarity with various musical styles
- conveyance of personal expression
- technical difficulty of the repertoire
- general knowledge of music and culture