Perform from memory a programme 30-40 minutes duration, which must include a polyphonic work and a large form (sonata, variations, romantic ballades, or something comparable in length and substance).
Perform a programme of 30-40 minutes duration, either from memory or using the score, consisting the following:
- A work by J. S. Bach Work in large form (partita, suite or fantasy);
- At least two works in varying styles from the 17th-18th century (French, Italian, German, English, etc.);
- A work from the 16th century (Byrd, Bull, etc.).
Perform a programme of 30-40 minutes duration (either from memory or using the score):
- A large form by J.S. Bach;
- A work by a 17th-century composer (eg. Buxtehude, Frescobaldi);
- A work from the Romantic era.
Perform from memory the following program lasting 30-40 minutes:
- A polyphonic work;
- A large form (sonata, variations, romantic ballades, or something comparable in length and substance) or a movement from it;
- Up to two works of your free choice.
After the performance the candidate will be interviewed by a panel of faculty members. During the interview, the examination panel may test the candidate’s knowledge of music and culture. The interview will provide the opportunity for the candidate to demonstrate the sufficiency of their English language skills.
The examination panel will evaluate the following:
- fluency and precision
- technical proficiency
- familiarity with various musical styles
- conveyance of personal expression
- technical difficulty of the repertoire
- general knowledge of music and culture
The examination is graded on a scale from 0 to 10.