- Perform a programme of 20-30 minutes with a singer and/or instrumental soloist, consisting of works in various musical styles. Video recordings are accepted, should the applicant be unable to perform on-site.
After the performance the candidate will be interviewed by a panel of faculty members. During the interview, the examination panel may test the candidate’s knowledge of music and culture. The interview will provide the opportunity for the candidate to demonstrate the sufficiency of their English language skills.
The examination panel will evaluate the following:
- fluency and precision
- technical proficiency
- familiarity with various musical styles
- conveyance of personal expression
- technical difficulty of the repertoire
- general knowledge of music and culture