Perform from memory a programme consisting of the following:
- Two arias — one must be from 17th to 18th century repertoire (the other may be of the applicant’s free choosing);
- Two romances.
The program must include works in at least two languages.
The works are to be performed in their original language and in the key best suited for the applicant’s voice type.
After the performance the candidate will be interviewed by a panel of faculty members. During the interview, the examination panel may test the candidate’s knowledge of music and culture. The interview will provide the opportunity for the candidate to demonstrate the sufficiency of their English language skills.
The examination panel will evaluate the following:
- fluency and precision
- technical proficiency
- familiarity with various musical styles
- conveyance of personal expression
- technical difficulty of the repertoire
- general knowledge of music and culture
Advanced notice of the applicant’s audition programme is necessary only if a piano accompanist from the EAMT is required.