Calls for guest lecturers and collaborators
Call for for guest lecturers with the competencies of holding piano master classes and a four-hands recital for piano
Department of Classical Music Performance
Call for guest lecturers with the competencies of holding piano master classes and a four-hands recital for piano
The aim of the course: to explain the technical control and interpretation of the repertoire (technique, style etc).
The course by guest lecturer should cover following topics:
- The main works, both solo and four-hands, for piano from baroque, classical and romantic eras;
- Expertise on different editions;
- Technique as a necessary concomitant of art;
- Developing a double sensitivity, musical and physical, to sound;
- Developing a synchronised sense of rhythm for anticipating the actions of their partners in case of four-hand playing;
- Pedalling as mainly exercised by the secondo player in case of four-hand playing;
- How to prepare for a successful performance in both, solo and four-hand playing.
Requirements for an applicant:
- Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of the piano repertoire of the aforementioned eras;
- Ability to observe students’ progress, identify the weaknesses in the practice habits and to make recommendations for the improvement;
- Availability to hold piano master classes on 20-21 October 2022 and a guest concert on 19 October 2022 in the Great Hall of EAMT;
- Performance and teaching experience at international level;
- Application for the guest lecturers should be submitted by 30 September 2022 latest via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application must contain CV-s of the guest lecturers;
- The application must include the fee (gross) the guest lecturers wish to obtain.
- Travel costs to Tallinn and back (standard class tickets);
- Accommodation in Tallinn.
- The applications will be assessed by the Head of Studies of Piano
- The successful applicant will be announced within 3 days after the application deadline