Calls for guest lecturers
Department of Classical Music Performance
Call for Guest Lecturer for Violin Master Classes and a Guest Concert
The aim of the course: to introduce the principles of the violin repertoire in baroque, classical and romantic eras and their stylistic features through practical experience.
The course by Guest Lecturer should cover following topics:
- the main works, both solo and accompanied, for violin from baroque, classical and romantic eras;
- bow articulation as means of expression;
- aspects of fingering;
- how to prepare for a successful performance;
- stage fright and how to overcome it.
Requirements for an applicant:
- Very good theoretical and practical knowledge of the violin repertoire of the aforementioned eras;
- To hold the course from 8 to 9 March and a guest concert on 10 March 2021;
- Performance and teaching experience at international level;
- Application for the Guest Lecturer should be submitted by 5 February 2021 latest via e-mail email@example.com;
- The application must contain CV of the Guest Lecturer;
- The application must include the fee (gross) the Guest Lecturer wishes to obtain.
- Travel costs to Tallinn and back (standard class tickets);
- Accommodation in Tallinn.
- The applications will be assessed by the Strings Head of Studies;
- The successful applicant will be announced within 3 days after the application deadline.